Household Hazardous Waste Facility
2224 E Queen Creek Road
Gilbert, AZ 85297
Phone: (480) 503-6400
Hours of Operation:
Wednesday 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Saturday 7:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Closed on Holidays
Bring picture I.D. and most recent refuse bill (single-family home) or rent receipt (multi-family unit).The Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection Facility entrance is at one half block west of Greenfield Road at 158 Street off of Queen Creek Road. The address for the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility is 2224 E Queen Creek Road which is located west of the South Area Service Center on the northwest corner of Greenfield and Queen Creek Roads. Please look for the blue sign escorting you to the collection facility's entrance. You must be a resident of the Town of Gilbert to participate. NOTE: Google Maps and Satellite GPS Systems may not be correct on this location. Please follow our directions; they are accurate.
Items accepted - Please do not put items in plastic trash bags. Instead, use cardboard boxes instead.
- Light bulbs, including fluorescent, neon, HID, and incandescent
- Batteries, lead acid, alkaline, nickel metal hydride, magnesium, nickel cadmium, lithium, zinc, carbon and zinc silver
- Adhesives Motor Oil* and Antifreeze, Household Cleaners
- Transmission Fluid, Hydraulic Fluids, Scrap Metal
- Pesticides and Fungicides, Gasoline and Diesel Fuel, Fire Extinguishers
- Propane Tanks*, Pool Chemicals*, Automobile Batteries
- Thermostats, Camping Cylinders, Rimless Automobile Tires*
- Latex and Oil based paints*
- **There is a 10gal limit on the amount of paint dropped off per visit. **
- Smoke Detectors, Stains and Varnishes
- Electronic Wastes- such as Televisions, Computers*, Printers, Monitors, and Cell Phones
- Business or Commercial Hazardous Waste, Appliances, Items in Plastic Trash Bags*
- Automobile Tires with Rims, Explosives, Prescription Drugs*
- Ammunition*, 55-Gallon Drums of Material, Radioactive Materials*
NOTE: While businesses cannot drop anything off at the HHW we suggest possibly finding a company to work with by doing a web search of ‘Hazardous Waste Disposal Companies in Arizona.’
While dropping off household hazardous wastes come visit our Swap Shop. We offer many household products such as cleaners, detergents, weed killer, bug spray, and a variety of items dropped off at the HHW Facility that are still useable and often times brand new and never opened. We also have 5 gallon buckets of latex paint that are available for Town residents. The paint comes in light brown (tan), and gray. Quantities are limited to 25 gallons per resident during time when there is a high demand for the recycled paint. Currently, there is a waiting list for brown and tan colored paint. Swap Shop items can vary and are limited to a first come first served basis.