The Gilbert Police Explorer Post is an exciting opportunity for young people who are interested in pursuing a career in law enforcement.
As an Explorer you will:
- Further your knowledge of law enforcement.
- Receive training to help prepare you for a career in law enforcement.
- Develop your enthusiasm and understanding of the importance of community service and community action.
- Develop your responsibility and leadership qualities.
- Promote a positive image of law enforcement and youth in your community.
To become a police explorer, you must:
- Be 14-20 years old
- Successfully complete a background investigation that includes polygraph and drug tests
- Have not used marijuana within the past 18 months
- Have not used illegal dangerous drugs within the past seven years
- Have no misdemeanor convictions within the past two years
- Have no felony convictions
- Be in good standing at school
Download the Explorer Application here.