Emergencies: 911 • Non-Emergencies: (480) 503-6500
Police Officer Applicant Test Results
October is Domestic Violence Awareness month. Please help support the Town of Gilbert Police/Fire Departments by donating your used electronic equipment to be recycled. Any cell phones, iPad, iPod will be donated to the Arizona Coalition for Victim Services (ACVS). The money earned for each recycled phone will go to the Crime Victim Relocation Fund which provides financial assistance to domestic violence victims.
Please follow DV Awareness month on the Gilbert Police Department and the Gilbert Fire and Rescue Facebook/Twitter accounts for the month of October for DV statistics, resources/referrals and to hear a touching, four series story from a Domestic Violence survivor.
Please remember to drop your used electronics at your local Gilbert police or fire station to support a great cause October 1 – 30, 2014.
The Mission of the Gilbert Police DepartmentThe respect for individual rights is the basis of our constitution and the cornerstone of our values at the Gilbert Police Department. Our mission is to serve as law enforcement leaders in protecting and assisting all people in our community through effective problem solving, professional service, and the relentless pursuit of those who victimize our citizens and compromise public safety.
Gilbert – A community where people feel safe in their homes, in public places and on our roadways.
Our Enforcement Philosophy
We are a service organization that is committed to:
- Timely and safe response to calls for service
- Conducting professional, thorough and complete investigations
- Intelligence – led policing
- Proactive / High visibility patrol tactics to detect and deter criminal activity
- Partnership with the community to prevent crime and address community concerns
- Partnership with other criminal justice agencies to prevent and reduce crime
- Utilizing effective traffic enforcement to reduce collisions and enhance safety on our roadways
- Effective utilization of resources to successfully resolve crimes of violence
- Utilizing technology to enhance operations and resources
- Maintaining a highly trained, well equipped workforce
- Maintaining trust and confidence within the community