Emergencies: 911 • Non-Emergencies: (480) 503-6500
The Mission of the Gilbert Police DepartmentThe respect for individual rights is the basis of our constitution and the cornerstone of our values at the Gilbert Police Department. Our mission is to serve as law enforcement leaders in protecting and assisting all people in our community through effective problem solving, professional service, and the relentless pursuit of those who victimize our citizens and compromise public safety.
Gilbert – A community where people feel safe in their homes, in public places and on our roadways.
Our Enforcement Philosophy
We are a service organization that is committed to:
- Timely and safe response to calls for service
- Conducting professional, thorough and complete investigations
- Intelligence – led policing
- Proactive / High visibility patrol tactics to detect and deter criminal activity
- Partnership with the community to prevent crime and address community concerns
- Partnership with other criminal justice agencies to prevent and reduce crime
- Utilizing effective traffic enforcement to reduce collisions and enhance safety on our roadways
- Effective utilization of resources to successfully resolve crimes of violence
- Utilizing technology to enhance operations and resources
- Maintaining a highly trained, well equipped workforce
- Maintaining trust and confidence within the community