Light installation continues at Freestone Park. Tentative estimated start date for league is mid-April. Registration information will be online mid-March or as soon as we can confirm light system completion. Thank you for your patience!
Each year the Gilbert Parks and Recreation Department sponsors three seasons of Adult Softball (Winter, Spring and Fall) at Freestone Park. 112 teams participate in 14 different leagues each season. League fees vary based on team residency, and single or doubleheader status. Each season concludes with a single-header tournament for each league. Gilbert leagues are affiliated with the Amateur Softball Association of America (ASA).
Softball league registration is handled on a registration basis. To be included in the team registration for each upcoming season, teams need to submit a roster during registration dates. Teams eligible for late registration come after the league registration to see if any spaces remain.
- Winter flyer will be updated when firm dates are scheduled due to light installation.
- Softball Manager Handbook
- Player Add/Drop Form
- Parks & Recreation Customer Survey
- Join our Subscription E-mail Lists
- Adult Sports Unattached Players List
Approved/Non Approved Bats
Visit the Amateur Softball Association (ASA) website for a complete listing of approved/non-approved bats.
Winter Softball League 2014 Postponed
On December 12, 2013 the Gilbert Town Council approved the installation of a new and improved light system for the ball fields at Freestone Park. Installation of the new system is scheduled to begin in February, which will postpone the start of the Winter 2014 Adult Softball season originally scheduled to start in January.
TEAM ROSTERS DO NOT NEED TO BE SUBMITTED AT THIS TIME, REGISTRATION HAS BEEN POSTPONED.
Softball Winter Season has been postponed due to the new light installation at Freestone Park. League flyers will be updated online as soon as upcoming season dates are confirmed. Estimated start is mid to late April. The Town of Gilbert thanks players for their patience as we work to improve the playing experience!
*Softball rosters can be either e-mailed, mailed in or dropped off at the Gilbert Parks and Recreation Department, 90 E. Civic Center Dr. in Gilbert.
- Download the Softball Roster Form in Internet Explorer 8 and fill in your roster information.
- Save a copy to your files to access for future season’s changes.
- Click the box “SUBMIT BY E-MAIL”. Two options will appear. The 1st option will send the PDF to your email application (i.e. Outlook); please click on the Send button in your email application to email your filled form. The 2nd option will save the filled roster form to your desktop. Attach it to your internet e-mail service (i.e. Hotmail, Yahoo.com) and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your roster will be sent directly to our Adult Sports Staff.
- After we have received your roster a confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
Fall Leagues Teams and Schedules
(Access leagues in the following tables):
Illegal players: Players can now play on any number of softball teams in Gilbert, as long as they are listed on the official team roster. This includes both league and tournament play. Team managers are responsible for keeping their rosters up to date.
8 TEAM LEAGUE AWARDS
First Place: 15 league championship T-shirts First Place Tournament: $50 AMEX gift card Second Place Tournament: $40 AMEX gift card
Rain Out Number: (480) 503-6201