Always Call 9-1-1 if you are in danger and need assistance.
Summer in the Valley of the Sun is wonderful, especially if you like hot temperatures. But everyone needs to know the dangers of Extreme Heat. During Excessive Heat Warnings be advised of these tips.
- Limit your activity outside to the early mornings and late evenings.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day and not just when you are thirsty.
- Wear light weight, light colored, loose fitting clothing.
- Wear a wide brimmed hat and sunglasses.
- Protect yourself with a sun screen that has a SPF of 15 or higher.
- Stay cool inside an Air-conditioned building.
- NEVER leave children or pets inside a car even in cool temperatures.
- Seek medical attention or call 9-1-1 if you are experiencing Heat Cramps, Heat Exhaustion, or Heat Stroke.
For more information about heat safety please see this CDC link