The Planning Services Division is located on the second floor of the Community Development Building at:
90 E Civic Center Dr
Gilbert, Arizona 85296
General Plan CD's are available for purchase at the Community Development front counter.
Applications for major amendments shall be filed no later than May 31st of each calendar year in order to be considered in that year. State law requires that major amendments to the General Plan be presented and considered by the Town Council at a single public hearing during the calendar year in which the proposed amendment is requested. Minor General Plan amendments may be considered by the Town Council at any time during the year.
Major amendments are defined as follows:
- Any Land Use Map residential density classification increase of 160 acres or more.
- Any change from a residential Land Use Map classification to a non-residential classification of 40 acres or more.
- Any change of non-residential Land Use Map classification of 40 acres or more.
- Any change mandated by initiatives or state law.
- Any change to or from Golf Course, Parks/Retention and Public Facility/Institutional Land Use Map classifications.