All fire hydrant meters are subject to backflow protection. Reduced Pressure Principle Backflow assemblies are required on all medium to high hazard applications such as:
- Hard sided piping installed above and/or below grade, i.e. irrigation systems, submerged inlets,
- Water towers or trucks with NO air gap water fill, and
- Applications coming into contact with hazardous materials.
- Installation, testing and maintenance of the assembly,
- Assembly must be retested whenever moved or transferred to other locations.
- All test reports must be sent to the Backflow Prevention Department within 10 days of any test.
- All assemblies must be properly supported after installation as to prevent any stress on the fire hydrant.