The Gilbert Municipal Court handles the following types of cases:
- Misdemeanor criminal offenses, such as Driving Under the Influence, Shoplifting, Assault, Disorderly Conduct, Dog at Large, municipal code violations and commercial vehicle violations; and
- Protective orders, such as Orders of Protection and Injunctions Against Harassment; and
- Civil traffic violations, such as Speeding, No Insurance, Seatbelt violations, Improper Turns, and Child Restraint violation and Municipal Code and Land Development Code Violations
Vision Statement - We endeavor to become a Court delivering superior justice services to the community in concert with local strategic planning efforts. We will relentlessly pursue improvements in accessibility, efficiency and accountability while safeguarding individual rights.Mission Statement - The Gilbert Municipal Court is a Court of Limited Jurisdiction operating within the Arizona Court System. We are a team of skilled justice professionals committed to delivering superior justice services to all persons by disposing cases in a just and timely manner while maintaining the integrity and the independence of the Judicial Branch of government.
- We are an accessible Court.
- We are an impartial Court.
- We are an efficient Court.
- We value our employees.
- We value accountability.
- We value innovation.
- We believe that every case is important.