Member of the media? We understand it's difficult to get photographers out to every event taking place. We want you to use Gilbert's Digital Newsroom as a resource. Watch and use our pre-packaged video stories or download raw high definition footage, sound bites, and/or photos for your own use. Have questions? Contact Gilbert's Digital Communications Team.
- Teen Space Dedication to be Held at Southeast Regional Library
The exclusive new teen area at the Southeast Regional Library in Gilbert, dubbed “the Vault,” will be the site of a ribbon cutting ceremony at 1 p.m. on Thursday, July 17.
07/09/2014 5:55 PMdetail
- Gilbert Hosts Food Drive Weigh-In Event
Gilbert is wrapping up its month-long Gilbert Feeding Families community food drive this Thursday, July 10th with a weigh-in event at 8:00 a.m. at Gilbert Town Hall.
07/07/2014 1:04 PMdetail
- Gilbert to Offer Support to Emerging Small Businesses
Gilbert’s Development Services Department is launching a new program called Taking Care of Small Business (TCSB) which will provide support to emerging small businesses.
07/07/2014 11:19 AMdetail
- Road Closures for the Fire in the Sky Event
The following roads will be closed from approximately 8:30 - 9:30 p.m. on Friday, July 4th, in order to safely launch the fireworks for the Fire in the Sky event.
07/03/2014 4:33 PMdetail
- Ozone and PM-2.5 High Pollution Advisory - No Burn Restrictions
The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality has issued a PM-10 and an Ozone High Pollution Advisory through July 7, 2014.
07/02/2014 11:23 AMdetail
- Gilbert Fire Hosts Supply Drive for Local Students
Gilbert Fire and Rescue is helping local students in need this year through their annual Back to School Supply Drive taking place through July 29th.
07/02/2014 10:22 AMdetail
- Gilbert Police: Death Investigation on Leah Lane
On June 28th, Officers responded to a welfare call of a pet bird located in a home, which was reportedly abandoned in the 500 East Block of Leah Lane. Upon entry into the home, officers discovered a dead body in a bedroom of the home.
07/01/2014 5:06 PMdetail
- Greenfield Road Sewer Line Repair is Complete
The sewer line repair on Greenfield Road has been completed and Greenfield Road from Germann to Queen Creek is now open.
07/01/2014 4:04 PMdetail
- Report: 2012 High School Dropouts to Cost Gilbert $139 Million Over Lifetime
The 11.3 percent of students who dropped out from Gilbert public schools in 2012 are estimated to cost Gilbert $139 million in lifetime economic losses, along with $15 million in lifetime fiscal losses to taxpayers, according to new data provided by the Arizona Mayors Education Roundtable.
06/25/2014 4:12 PMdetail
- Gilbert Police Warns of Phone Scam
Gilbert residents have recently been targets of a phone scam.
06/24/2014 12:39 PMdetail
- Gilbert to Host Public Meeting for Community Fishing Program
Gilbert's Parks and Recreation Department will be hosting a community meeting for residents to discuss the community fishing program, specifically fishing opportunities south of Williams Field Road.
06/16/2014 5:43 PMdetail
- Gilbert's Arts, Culture and Tourism (ACT) Board to Hold Closing Reception for Gilbert's First Temporary Art Installation
On Friday, June 20, 2014, Gilbert’s Arts, Culture and Tourism (ACT) Board, along with artist, Bobby Zokaites, will hold a closing reception for Gilbert’s first temporary art installation, located at Bergies Coffee Roast House in Gilbert’s Heritage District.
06/12/2014 10:49 AMdetail
- Gilbert Recognized as Top City for Families and Schools
Gilbert, Arizona has been ranked the 9th Best City for Families in the country according to a recent Wallet Hub report.
06/10/2014 1:49 PMdetail
- Local Radio Station Teams Up to Feed Gilbert Families
June is a hot time of year to get duct-taped to a flagpole, but local radio station, KMLE Country 107.9, DJs Steve and Nina did just that in downtown Gilbert on Monday morning.
06/10/2014 8:11 AMdetail
- Neighbor 2 Neighbor Program Assists Gilbert Non-Profit Organizations
Gilbert residents can register for the Neighbor 2 Neighbor program to automatically make monthly contributions to non-profit organizations in Gilbert through their utility bill.
06/09/2014 3:42 PMdetail
- Dump the Pump, Ride Transit on June 19
Put more money back in your wallet while helping reduce our nation’s reliance on fuel. June 19 is national Dump the Pump Day.
06/09/2014 10:05 AMdetail
- Local Leaders Kick Off Food Drive
It's not every day you see the Mayor of Gilbert bagging groceries.
06/04/2014 4:06 PMdetail
- UPDATE: Continued Road Closure Due to Sewer Line Damage
Greenfield Road from Germann to Queen Creek Roads will remain closed until Wednesday, July 2nd as crews continue to repair the broken sewer pipes.
06/02/2014 4:19 PMdetail
- Gilbert Kicks Off Food Drive with a Friendly Competition
Please join us for the Gilbert Feeding Families Kick-Off event this Wednesday, June 4th, at 8:00 a.m. at the Albertsons located on Lindsay and Warner Roads in Gilbert.
06/02/2014 3:09 PMdetail
- Gilbert Aims to Collect 72,600 Meals for Local Families
This June, Gilbert will be hosting the annual Gilbert Feeding Families community food drive with the goal of feeding all 72.6 square miles of Gilbert by collecting 72,600 meals.
05/29/2014 8:36 AMdetail