Member of the media? We understand it's difficult to get photographers out to every event taking place. We want you to use Gilbert's Digital Newsroom as a resource. Watch and use our pre-packaged video stories or download raw high definition footage, sound bites, and/or photos for your own use. Have questions? Contact Gilbert's Digital Communications Team.
- UPDATE: Continued Road Closure Due to Sewer Line Damage
Greenfield Road from Germann to Queen Creek Roads will remain closed until Wednesday, July 2nd as crews continue to repair the broken sewer pipes.
06/02/2014 4:19 PMdetail
- Gilbert Kicks Off Food Drive with a Friendly Competition
Please join us for the Gilbert Feeding Families Kick-Off event this Wednesday, June 4th, at 8:00 a.m. at the Albertsons located on Lindsay and Warner Roads in Gilbert.
06/02/2014 3:09 PMdetail
- Gilbert Aims to Collect 72,600 Meals for Local Families
This June, Gilbert will be hosting the annual Gilbert Feeding Families community food drive with the goal of feeding all 72.6 square miles of Gilbert by collecting 72,600 meals.
05/29/2014 8:36 AMdetail
- Summer Reading Program Begins Today at Gilbert Libraries
Maricopa County Reads, the premier summer reading program for 61 county libraries, including the Southeast Regional and Perry Libraries in Gilbert, kicks-off today.
05/29/2014 8:27 AMdetail
- Continued Road Closure Due to Sewer Line Damage
Due to the extent of the sewer line damage, Greenfield Road will remain closed from Germann to Queen Creek Roads for an additional week.
05/27/2014 12:36 PMdetail
- Gilbert Road Restriction Notification
Gilbert Road will be reduced to one lane for northbound and southbound travel between E. Houston and E. Juniper Avenues from Wednesday, May 21st at 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 23rd.
05/20/2014 4:31 PMdetail
- Buckle Up Arizona...It's the Law! Enforcement Campaign
In an effort to save more lives on Arizona’s roadways this month the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety is partnering with Gilbert Police Department and other local law enforcement agencies to enforce Arizona’s seat belt and child safety seat laws.
05/19/2014 5:43 PMdetail
- Gilbert Chamber, SRP to Host Series of Candidate Forums
Community Invited to Hear from Town Council, District 12, GPS, HUSD Candidates
05/19/2014 12:19 PMdetail
- Gilbert Feeding Families
During the month of June, Gilbert Feeding Families is hosting a food drive for the United Food Bank.
05/14/2014 5:19 PMdetail
- Road Closure Due to Sewer Line Break
Due to a sewer line break, Greenfield Road will remain closed from Germann to Queen Creek Roads for emergency repairs until further notice. There is local access only. Please use Val Vista Drive or Higley Road as alternatives.
05/14/2014 11:38 AMdetail
- Gilbert Seeks Feedback on Draft Transportation Master Plan
The Town of Gilbert is developing a Transportation Master Plan to prepare for Gilbert’s future.
05/08/2014 2:37 PMdetail
- Bright Future for Gilbert Biomedical Workforce
The future of Gilbert’s workforce looks bright after a showcase event held for businesses and Arizona State University leaders at Town Hall.
05/07/2014 5:14 PMdetail
- Gilbert, Arizona and the Saint Xavier University Design Team to Host Open House Informational Session for Conceptual Design
On Tuesday, May 20, 2014, representatives from Gilbert, Arizona and the Saint Xavier University design team, SmithGroupJJR, will give a brief presentation regarding the conceptual design for the four-story, 87,000-square-foot Saint Xavier University building that will be located on Vaughn Avenue in Gilbert’s Heritage District.
05/06/2014 2:55 PMdetail
- Gilbert Announces Sale of Ice Rink
05/05/2014 3:56 PMdetail
- Winners Announced in High School Mobile App Contest
Arizona High School Students Develop Mobile Apps for Gilbert’s Fire and Rescue Department
05/02/2014 8:08 AMdetail
- Southeast Valley Transit System Study
The primary purpose of this study is to identify short , mid , and long- term recommendations that will advance the transit system throughout the study area.
05/01/2014 4:34 PMdetail
- New Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons in Gilbert’s Heritage District
Project to improve pedestrian infrastructure in downtown Gilbert.
04/29/2014 4:08 PMdetail
- High School Mobile App Contest Culminates with Awards Ceremony [Update]
Students from across Arizona will gather at Gilbert Town Hall to earn recognition for Fire Department Mobile Apps.
04/28/2014 11:16 AMdetail
- Passenger Rail Study- Your Input Needed!
Did you know Gilbert is one of the locations being considered for Passenger Rail service as part of the Arizona Department of Transportation’s Passenger Rail Corridor Study?
04/22/2014 4:35 PMdetail
- Power Has Been Restored
Power in South Gilbert is now restored.
04/22/2014 4:03 PMdetail