Member of the media? We understand it's difficult to get photographers out to every event taking place. We want you to use Gilbert's Digital Newsroom as a resource. Watch and use our pre-packaged video stories or download raw high definition footage, sound bites, and/or photos for your own use. Have questions? Contact Gilbert's Digital Communications Team.
- Water Main Break at Higley and Warner Roads
Crews are currently working to repair a water main break on Higley and Warner Roads.
04/01/2015 2:51 PMdetail
- Ka-POW: A Special Superhero Faces Unique Obstacles
It’s not every day you get to see what it’s like to be a Superhero, but hundreds of participants did just that at the Ka-POW! Superhero Run at Gilbert’s Freestone Park.
04/01/2015 9:45 AMdetail
- Public Works Employees Compete in “Roadeo”
Each year, the Public Works Department hosts the Maintenance Superintendents Association (MSA) Tom Sheetz Memorial Streets “Roadeo” here in Gilbert, Arizona.
03/31/2015 4:22 PMdetail
- Help Design Gilbert's New Playgrounds
Gilbert Parks and Recreation needs your help in deciding which designs to choose for seven new playgrounds to be constructed in local parks.
03/31/2015 8:53 AMdetail
- National Work Zone Awareness Week
This is National Work Zone Awareness Week; bringing attention to motorist and worker safety in roadway work zones.
03/23/2015 6:04 PMdetail
- Gilbert's Heritage District Looks to Improve Access In Downtown
Due to the recent growth of the downtown area here in Gilbert and the overwhelming success of the businesses and restaurants, the Heritage District has experienced an unprecedented amount of traffic during the past few weeks, particularly, this past Friday night.
03/18/2015 1:18 PMdetail
- Dive in to Gilbert Aquatics: Registration Now Open
Gilbert, Arizona Aquatics is making a splash this season, offering lessons, dive and swim teams, pool rentals and more.
03/09/2015 5:14 PMdetail
- Gilbert Helps Students Learn Water Conservation
Hundreds of students are learning about water conservation with the help of the Gilbert’s Water Conservation Division and the University of Arizona’s Project WET program.
03/05/2015 4:21 PMdetail
- Gilbert, AZ Offers Co-working Space for Entrepreneurs
Are you an entrepreneur in search of a collaborative work environment? This month’s “Talk of the Trade” features Gilbert’s EZ Spaces, a non-traditional co-working space that offers a variety of options for small businesses and entrepreneurs in Gilbert, Arizona.
03/05/2015 1:46 PMdetail
- Gilbert’s Longest-Standing Employee Retires
Gilbert’s longest-standing employee, Jack Young, is set to retire after serving the community for more than 39 years.
03/05/2015 8:28 AMdetail
- Gilbert, Arizona and Arizona SciTech Festival Work Together to Save One Million Plastic Bags from Arizona Landfill This Friday
The Arizona SciTech Festival in conjunction with the Gilbert, AZ hosts this year’s "Bench the Bag" 2015 program, with the goal to divert the equivalent of one million plastic bags from Arizona landfills.
03/04/2015 2:35 PMdetail
- Free Concert in Downtown Gilbert on March 19th
Enjoy a night of FREE music in the heart of Gilbert’s Heritage District on Thursday, March 19th from 6:30pm-8:30pm.
03/04/2015 7:21 AMdetail
- 4 Ways to Find and Fix Water Leaks
National Fix a Leak Week is March 16-22, and it is a great reminder to investigate water leaks in and around your property.
03/03/2015 7:00 AMdetail
- Gilbert's Newest Hotel Breaks Ground
The 5-story, 100-room Hampton Inn franchise by Hilton hotel is being developed by HD Management Inc. and will open in late fall.
03/02/2015 4:37 PMdetail
- Saint Xavier University Opens Recruitment Center in Gilbert, Arizona
Saint Xavier University is now recruiting future students for its new Gilbert campus set to open this fall.
03/02/2015 1:12 PMdetail
- Construction Begins on Gilbert's Newest Hotel
Construction has started on a new Hampton Inn & Suites at the southeast corner of Higley Drive and Inverness Drive in Gilbert, Arizona.
02/25/2015 12:18 PMdetail
- Saint Xavier University Recruitment Center Open House & Ribbon Cutting
We invite you and your guest to attend the Saint Xavier University (SXU) open house and ribbon cutting this Thursday, February 26th from 1:00-7:00 p.m. at SXU's Recruitment Center.
02/24/2015 7:24 AMdetail
- Outdoor Expo Highlights Gilbert Activities and “Winter” Weather
Residents are taking advantage of Arizona’s winter weather and enjoying the outdoors with the help of Gilbert Parks and Recreation.
02/19/2015 9:58 AMdetail
- Update to GPD Shooting Investigation
At approximately 8:30pm on 02/18/15, GPD received numerous calls of a shooting in the neighborhood NW of Greenfield and Warner.
02/19/2015 8:35 AMdetail
- Gilbert Management Budget Director Receives Local Government Award
Gilbert, Arizona Management and Budget Director Dawn Buckland was awarded with the Associate’s Award for Excellence in Leadership by the Arizona City/County Management Association (ACMA).
02/18/2015 12:56 PMdetail