Records are considered public records, unless protected by law, and may be viewed and/or reproduced as permitted by law. There is no charge to view records.
Public Records Available on Website
The Clerk's Office preserves legal documents and is the source of information on Council legislative actions (Ordinances, Resolutions and Minutes). Certain public records are available on the website. For assistance, please contact 480-503-6871.
The following records can be accessed from this website:
- CAMPAIGN FINANCE REPORTS (Candidates & Political Committees)
- MINUTES (Council & Boards and Commissions)
- Use this option for SEARCHING TEXT in ALL MINUTES
- Use this option to search final minutes by COUNCIL OR A SPECIFIC BOARD AND COMMISSION. Minutes are grouped by pre-defined date ranges.
- DRAFT MINUTES or Actions (Council & Boards and Commissions)
Council Agenda Items
- Council Agenda Items 2016 (Select MEETING DATE)
- Council Agenda Items 2015 (Select MEETING DATE)
- Council Agenda Items 2014 (Select MEETING DATE)
- Council Agenda Items 2013 (Select MEETING DATE)
- Council Agenda Items 2012 (Select MEETING DATE)
Agenda Items are grouped by the meeting date.
- TEXT SEARCHABLE Council Agenda Items (January 2012 forward)
The Clerk's Office can also assist in directing customers to the appropriate department or outside agency to obtain records.
Requests for Non-Commercial Records from the Clerk's Office
Persons requesting public records for a non-commercial purpose should complete the on-line
Non-commercial Fees: The cost of copies is 20 cents per page, if the record is not available electronically.
Requests for Commercial Records from the Clerk's Office
A "Commercial Purpose" is defined as: Use of a public record for purpose of sale or resale or for the purpose of producing a document containing all or part of the copy, printout or photograph for sale or the obtaining of names and addresses from such public records for the purpose of solicitation or for any purpose in which the purchases can reasonably anticipate the receipt or monetary gain from the direct or indirect use of such public record. A.R.S.39-121.03(D).
- Persons requesting public records for a commercial purpose must complete and email a Public Records Request Commercial form to the Clerk's Office. The form must be completed fully and notarized.
Commercial Fees: There is a minimum charge of $10 for commercial requests, that must be included with request form. There may also be costs for the market value of the data, a copy charge, and/or charges to create custom reports or research requests.
GIS Data Request and Data Use Agreement
To request Police records contact the Police Department.
Prosecutor RecordsThe Prosecutor's Office is located in the new Public Safety Complex on Gilbert Rd, south of Warner Rd. Gilbert Prosecutor's Office 55 E Civic Center Dr
Gilbert, Arizona 85296
Normal office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm.