Municipal Court - Defensive Driving School
Am I Eligible for Defensive Driving School?
If you meet ALL of the following criteria, you may attend Defensive Driving School as a diversion program:
· You are 18 years of age or older (minors must appear in court before selecting this option);
· You have been charged with a moving violation; and
· You were not involved in an accident at the time of the offense; and
· You have not attended a defensive driving school for an Arizona violation within the twenty-four (24) months immediately preceding the date of your current violation; and
· You do not have a commercial drivers license; and
· Your case has not already been set for hearing
You may only select this option for ONE moving violation on your citation. If you choose this option you will not owe fines to the Court but you must pay the cost of the course to the provider. If you complete the class before your court date, the charge will be dismissed and no conviction will appear on the your driving record.
To select an approved defensive driving school visit the Arizona Supreme Court website, or call 1-888-334-5565. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE CLASS BEFORE (OR APPEAR ON) THE COURT DATE LISTED ON YOUR CITATION.
You Are Not Eligible To Attend Defensive Driving School If Any Of The Boxes Indicated Below On Your Citation Has Been Checked