Building/Fire Inspection Home Page
Welcome. Building/Fire is part of the Inspection & Compliance Services Division. This site offers fire and building inspection services. We trust that you will find valuable information on this site and that answers to your questions are readily available. If you have specific questions, please contact our staff. The guide on the right should be helpful in determining which staff person to contact if you have questions.
Inspection Requests or Scheduling
Building/Fire Inspections are performed on permitted projects.
- To schedule a Building inspection, call the inspection line at (480) 503-6487, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- To schedule a Fire inspection, call (480) 503-6728
Building inspection requests received after 5:00 a.m. will be scheduled for the following business day. Have your information ready when you call the inspection request line.
- Permit ID number
- Street address of job site
- Specific type of inspection
Access permits look-up and schedule inspections on-line or, Inspection Request Line: (480) 503-6487
Building Inspector Field Packet
- Guidelines for Commercial Construction
- Temporary Power Pole - Overhead Installation
- Temporary Power Pole - Underground Installation
- Foundation depth verification form
- Tracer Wire
- Noise ordinance flyer
- Commercial truss/joist deferred submittals policy statement
- Engineering standard detail 80 - driveway standards for refuse trucks and dumpster bin enclosure
- ADA accessibility guidelines for buildings and facilities
- Accessible parking (handicap) sign
- Van accessible parking (handicap) sign
- Smoke free Arizona Flyer
- Certificate of special inspection
- Certificate of completion approval (shell buildings)