- Evacuation Order Ends for Homes Impacted by Gas Leak
The remaining Gilbert residents who had been evacuated from their homes due to a natural gas leak were allowed to return home Monday.
02/26/2014 06:36 AMdetail
- VIDEO: Saint Xavier University Dedicates Future Gilbert Campus
Gilbert is one step closer to having its first college campus, after leaders from the Diocese of Phoenix and Saint Xavier University (SXU) dedicated their future site with a blessing Wednesday.
02/05/2014 03:02 PMdetail
- Gilbert Community Invited to Celebrate SciTech Festival
Over 20 events scheduled to embrace the importance of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
02/04/2014 03:41 PMdetail
- VIDEO: Students Challenged to Create Mobile Application for Gilbert Fire & Rescue
More than 200 Arizona high school students are being challenged to create a new mobile application for Gilbert Fire and Rescue.
02/03/2014 05:18 PMdetail
- High School Mobile App Contest Sees Overwhelming Interest
Students from across Arizona will gather to learn the latest in mobile application development.
01/28/2014 02:15 PMdetail
- VIDEO: Gilbert Celebrates Road Improvements
Gilbert leaders, businesses, and construction partners celebrate the expansion of a major intersection.
01/23/2014 03:52 PMdetail
- PM-2.5 Health Watch issued for 01/17 - No Burn Day
The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality has issued a PM- 2.5 Health Watch for Friday, January 17, 2014.
- U.S. Small Business Administration Announces Appointment of Gilbert Resident Donna J. Davis As Regional Administrator for SBA Region IX
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) today announced the appointment of Gilbert resident Donna Davis as Regional Administrator for Region IX, which encompasses Arizona, California, Guam, Hawaii, and Nevada.
01/13/2014 11:32 AMdetail
- Gilbert Lions Club to Host Bluegrass Bash
The Gilbert Lions Club will proudly host their annual Bluegrass Bash on Saturday, January 18, at 7:00 p.m. at the Gilbert High School Auditorium.
01/10/2014 03:29 PMdetail
- Water Main Break on Gilbert Road
Due to a water main break, Gilbert Road is restricted to one lane both northbound and southbound between Guadalupe Road and Juniper Avenue.
01/10/2014 09:31 AMdetail
- Hit the Field this Spring with Gilbert's Youth Ball Program
Batter-up! Registration for Gilbert Parks and Recreation’s Youth Spring Ball Program is currently available until January 26.
01/09/2014 05:13 PMdetail
- Sexual Conduct with a Minor
On 01/06/13 at approximately 2pm Gilbert Police Detectives arrested 41 year old Joseph Stephenson an ROTC Instructor at Highland High School in Gilbert.
01/08/2014 07:41 AMdetail
- New Year, New Website for the Town of Gilbert
To ring in the New Year, the Town of Gilbert has launched a new website. Visit www.gilbertaz.gov/newwebsite to test your knowledge of town services and the new site. One lucky participant will win a $50 Visa gift card.
01/08/2014 07:24 AMdetail
- VIDEO: On the Job with Gilbert's Sign Crew
Watch this month’s On the Job video, as Gilbert Digital goes behind-the-scenes with the Gilbert Public Works Sign Crew to see the start to finish process of making a street sign.
01/07/2014 09:51 AMdetail
- Gilbert Elementary Schools Invited to "Bench the Bag"
Have you ever wondered what to do with your extra plastic bags? If you're looking for a way to recycle them and you want to help the environment, elementary schools in Gilbert are being asked to join a unique recycling campaign.
01/03/2014 01:30 PMdetail
- Holiday Recycle Drop-Off Locations
The Town of Gilbert will have multi-location drop off points for Gilbert residents to bring their post holiday discards for recycling from Friday, December 21, 2013 to Monday, January 6, 2014.
12/30/2013 10:58 AMdetail
- Gilbert to Bring New Lights to Freestone Park Ball Fields
On December 12, the Gilbert Town Council approved the installation of a new and improved light system for the ball fields at Freestone Park.
- High Pollution Advisory for 12/25
The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality has issued a High Pollution Advisory (HPA) for PM-2.5 (smoke/fine particulate matter pollution) effective Wednesday, December 25, 2013.
- Upcoming Road Closure on Gilbert Road to Repair Pavement Damage from Recent Water Main Break
Work to repair the pavement damage from the Gilbert Road / Vaughn Avenue water main break will take place January 2-3, 2014.
- PM-2.5 Health Watch issued for 12/24 - No Burn Day
The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality has issued a PM- 2.5 Health Watch for Tuesday, Dec. 24, 2013.