- Google Representative to Share Mobile App Development Experiences with Arizona High School Students
Are you an Arizona high school student interested in learning how to build mobile applications? Would you like to learn from a Google Engineer? It’s your last chance to register for the 3rd Annual Students Participate in App Resources and Knowledge (SPARK) App League, scheduled to begin on January 30, 2015.
01/26/2015 2:32 PMdetail
- Growing Up Gilbert: Premier Education
My name is Jennifer and this is my “Growing Up Gilbert” story.
01/21/2015 2:57 PMdetail
- “Dream Days” Celebrations Continue at Art Intersection
You’re invited to join Mayor John Lewis for a special “Dream Days” celebration in memory of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, at Art Intersection on Wednesday, January 21st from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m., with a short program beginning at 5:00 p.m.
01/15/2015 8:01 PMdetail
- Growing Up Gilbert: Registration is Open for Gilbert’s Digital State of the Town Premiere
Please join us for Gilbert, Arizona’s 3rd Annual Digital State of the Town premiere, taking place on Tuesday, February 10th at 5pm at Harkins SanTan Village 16. Registration is now open.
01/13/2015 10:06 AMdetail
- Gilbert Hosts U.S Figure Skating Event
Gilbert families celebrated National Skating Month with the help of U.S Figure Skating and AZ Ice.
01/12/2015 3:42 PMdetail
- Statement on Reed v. Town of Gilbert from Gilbert, Arizona Attorney, Michael Hamblin
“This case involves the Gilbert sign code as it existed in 2008. We appreciate the opportunity to explain our position and look forward to receiving guidance and clarity from the Supreme Court on this issue."
01/12/2015 11:53 AMdetail
- Preparation for New Playground Structure at Crossroads Park Begins
Crossroads Park’s main playground is currently closed for work related to the preparation of a new playground structure that will open in late spring.
01/07/2015 10:56 AMdetail
- No Burn Day in effect Dec. 31 & Jan. 1
The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality has issued a PM-2.5 Health Watch for December 31, 2014 and a PM-2.5 High Pollution Advisory for January 1, 2014.
12/31/2014 10:01 AMdetail
- It’s Skate Fest at AZ Ice Gilbert on Saturday, Jan. 10th
Don’t miss this great opportunity to partake in a fun-filled day of ice skating at no cost to you, as U.S. Figure Skating hosts one of 5 annual ‘SkateFest’ events at AZ ICE Gilbert on Saturday, January 10th from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
12/30/2014 1:19 PMdetail
- Gilbert Lowers Debt Service Payments by Over $2.3 Million
Gilbert, Arizona, through the efforts of staff and swift action by the Council, has lowered its debt service payments through the final maturity on July 1, 2021 by over $2.3 million, net of all costs of issuance.
12/23/2014 3:41 PMdetail
- Happy Holidays from Gilbert, Arizona!
As the year comes to an end, we would like to thank you for all your support throughout 2014. It has been an exciting year in Gilbert. And people across the country are taking notice.
12/23/2014 12:29 PMdetail
- High Pollution Advisory for PM-2.5 on Dec. 24th & 25th
The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality has issued a High Pollution Advisory for PM-2.5 (smoke/fine particulate matter pollution) effective Wednesday, December 24th and Thursday, December 25th.
12/23/2014 10:23 AMdetail
- Growing Up Gilbert: My Home
The “Growing Up Gilbert” campaign explores the unique stories of residents who were born and raised here, and grew up to give back to their community. We’re encouraging residents to tweet, post or email their stories using #GrowingUpGilbert, to be included in the promotion for our upcoming Digital State of the Town. This is just one example of the remarkable impact our community can have on an individual. In her own words, here is Gilbert resident Lori Guana’s story:
12/22/2014 6:16 AMdetail
- Talk of the Trade: Growth and Development
Unprecedented growth and development are coming to Gilbert, where they recently broke ground on the future site for Rivulon, a 250-acre site that will include office, retail, residential space and more.
12/18/2014 2:23 PMdetail
- Ever Wonder What Happens to an Old Hard Drive?
Being a technology leader sometimes means letting go of old equipment and upgrading to new replacements. But, for various reasons, including privacy concerns, government organizations must be cautious of what goes to auction.
12/17/2014 3:18 PMdetail
- Students Improve Facility Faucets to Save Water and Money
Gilbert students are learning water conservation while saving taxpayer’s money this week with a hands-on learning assignment at Gilbert Town Hall.
12/17/2014 7:36 AMdetail
- Town of Gilbert Identifies Key Performance Metrics; Promotes Transparency and Opportunities for Increased Efficiency
In 2014, the Town of Gilbert published its first benchmark report. Created as a component of the town’s performance management strategy, the report includes 83 measures across 17 departments, utilizing a total of 33 benchmarks in 15 states.
12/16/2014 1:53 PMdetail
- After Dark, Riparian Preserve Shines
The holidays are aglow at Gilbert’s Riparian Preserve as residents and visitors enjoy Riparian After Dark.
12/15/2014 4:16 PMdetail
- Gilbert Improves Safety with Upgraded Trail Crossing
Gilbert is excited to announce the completion of an upgraded trail crossing on Recker Road just south of the Loop 202 San Tan Freeway.
12/15/2014 10:07 AMdetail
- Post Office Holiday Hours
12/11/2014 2:53 PMdetail