Updated on 01/07/2014 12:53 PM
- William "Bobby" Gilbert is the Town's namesake.
- Abe Cosby, realtor and insurance agent.
- C.M. Blakely, owner of Blakely Motor Co.
- William Thomas and Elizabeth Barkley, moved to Gilbert in 1886.
- Oscar Phelps, Gilbert's first marshall.
- Walter, Mamie, and Edna Page, Town residents in 1919.
- Gilbert's first mayor, Everett Wilbur, in 1920.
- James Pine, one of Gilbert's original settlers, moved to the Town in 1896.
- Gilbert's first bank, established in 1917. It was purchased by the Bank of Chandler in 1923, then the Arizona Bank in 1928 before closing in 1931.
- The original train depot that gave rise to the name Gilbert. It was built on land donated by William Gilbert. it was destroyed by the train company in 1964.
- The Town was a farming community for almost one hundred years. Here, farmers transport bags of grain through downtown Gilbert.
- Downtown Gilbert flooded by heavy rains in the early 1930's.
- Yearly event celebrating the history and western traditions of the Town of Gilbert.
- Christmas tree in the center of Gilbert's Historic District.
- Portrait of a town.
- Cotton Farmers transporting loads of cotton.