- Freestone Skate ParkAmenities:
- Bike Racks
- Drinking Fountains
- Major Parks
(Juniper and Lindsay Roads)
Regular Park Hours: Monday - Sunday from 5:30am - 9:00 pm
The Skate Park is closed the first Tuesday of every month for cleaning and maintenance.
Freestone Skate Park, at 22,000 square feet and costing 1.2 million dollars to design and build, held its Grand Opening on Saturday, March 17, 2001. Amenities include a 900 square foot restroom facility, drinking fountains and bike racks. The park is adjacent to the beautiful 100+ acre Freestone Park, with lakes, picnic facilities, ball fields and tot lots.
Policies and Rules
THIS IS YOUR SKATE PARK, PLEASE TAKE CARE OF IT AND EACH OTHER
- The Skate Park is a Skate at Your Own Risk facility, is non-supervised and designed for skateboarding (34" maximum length) and in-line skating (4-wheel maximum per skate) and scooter riding only.
- Skateboarding, In-line Skating, and Scooter riding are high risk activities. Wearing of a helmet, knee pads, elbow pads and wrist guards is strongly recommended -- know your ability and skate with care.
- The Park has been designed for all skill levels. Please be courteous to other people using the facility. Abusive, violent or seriously disruptive behavior or use of abusive or offensive language or gestures may result in suspension from the park or fines.
- No bicycles, motorized vehicles, or other wheeled devices allowed other than skate boards, in-line skates and scooters are allowed inside the skate park.
- No skating or scooter riding when surface is wet, raining, electrical storms or during routine skate park maintenance periods. Routine maintenance is scheduled on the 1st Wednesday of each month. During this time, the skate park will be closed until 3:00 p.m.
- No pets, portable ramps or bringing objects in to jump over in the skate park.
- No smoking, littering, food or drink (other than water), or glass containers inside the skate park. Please keep the park surfaces clean to promote safety and avoid closure of the park for unscheduled cleaning.
- No competitive or demonstration events are allowed without prior approval of the Parks & Recreation Department.
For more information, contact Gilbert Parks and Recreation at (480) 503-6200.
The Town of Gilbert, its officers, employees and agents shall not be responsible for any accident, injury and/or loss of property or damage resulting from use of the park by any individual, group or organization.