The Planning Commission provides recommendations to the Town Council on the General Plan, zoning maps, and other land use actions. Members also make final decisions on use permits and preliminary subdivision plats. The Planning Commission acts as the Board of Adjustment on certain matters such as appeals and variances. The Planning Commission consists of seven members and one alternate. One member is appointed to serve as the Zoning Hearing Officer.
Planning Commission Meeting
- Date: 08/06/2014 6:00 PM
- Location: Town Hall Council Chambers
50 E. Civic Center Drive
Gilbert, Arizona 85296
- ITEM 1: UP14-06 Elegant Barn
- ITEM 2: Z14-08 and S14-08 Puri Farms PAD
- ITEM 3: Z14-16 White Fence Estates
- ITEM 4: GP14-08 and Z14-18 Whitfill Nursery
- ITEM 5: Z14-15 Land Development Code Clean Up
- ITEM 8: S14-02 Pre Plat Lyons Gate Phase 11
- ITEM 9: S14-07 City Gate
- ITEM 10: UP14-04 Senna Table
- ITEM 11: UP14-05 Extra Space Storage
- ITEM 12/13: GP14-07 and Z14-14 Enclave at North Shore
- ITEM 14: Study Session Minutes 070214
- ITEM 14A: Regular Minutes 070214
- ITEM 15: AP14-01 Jane Hill ZI Staff Report BOA
- ITEM 16: BOA Regular Minutes 070214
Ideal Candidate Statement
Ideal candidates for the Planning Commission recognize the need for balance between individual property rights and the long term needs of the community. Candidates should have experience actively listening to many viewpoints and know how to raise thoughtful questions in a group setting. Candidates should be skilled communicators, are able to speak in public, and preferably have an understanding of the Town’s growth and development. Serving on the Planning Commission does involve a significant time commitment in order to attend monthly meetings and review agenda packets. The ideal candidate looks out for the best interests of the community and has experience diligently working to resolve complex challenges and issues.
This commission meets on the 1st Wednesday of each month.
Location: Town of Gilbert Municipal Center I, Council Chambers, 50 E Civic Center Drive
Time: Study Session, 5:00 p.m., Regular Meeting, 6:00 p.m., Council Chambers
Open Meeting Law
Agendas and notices are posted at least 24 hours prior to a meeting or event. Agendas are removed from the website after the meeting.
Draft minutes are posted to the website within three working days of a meeting. The draft minutes contain all legal action taken.
The Town of Gilbert endeavors to make all public meetings accessible to persons with disabilities. Persons needing any type of special accommodations are asked to notify the Town Clerk's Office at least 72 hours in advance. Requests for accommodation made less than 72 hours in advance cannot be guaranteed.
Previous Agendas / Meeting Minutes